Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dental Question- pain, possible cavities, teeth shifting.?

I have never had a cavity in my life, until about 2 years ago my dentist said I had possible cavities coming in. I didn't need to get anything done then, just a check up in a couple months. Well, I moved- and next thing I know, it's almost a year and a half, and I haven't gone back. Now I am experiencing slight pain in one of my molars ( I had wisdom teeth removed a few years ago, ) The pain started after I flossed a couple nights ago. It's not really pain, its more of a tightness. Right near the "tight" tooth, I have an ulcer on the inside of my gums. I get these occassionally, due to salt. Second problem- When I was 13 I got braces, They were on for like 2 years, and then my office went bankrupt, never heard from again. My braces ended up falling apart, and no other office would take me because I had no records of having braces. I never got a retainer, and my teeth have begun shifting. Can I get a retainer to prevent further shifting until I can save for invisalign??

Dental Question- pain, possible cavities, teeth shifting.?
Oh my. I am terribly sorry about the whole braces situation. Well, first thing is first. The "tight" molar might possibly be a cavity that has rotted the tooth or has gone too far deep. I suggest you go back to your dentist and get that checked out because the problem could be much more severe and can lead to unnecessary extraction.


About the ucler, I also suggest you get that checked because it could lead to gum disease which can require surgery to fix. Overall, I think that you should go asap or you might end up paying a lot more and having more pain.





About the braces and the shifting, I think it is too late for a retainer. I think that you should go to orthondists and get consulations done (I know you said they didn't accept, but ask for a consultation). More than likely you will have to get braces again (depending on the amount of shifting). Invisilaign can be expensive, but is the way to go with adults.








For the appointment, ask all the questions you have, and please don't be worried. Think of this as a whole new beginning!


Hope this helps!





Puffball



nanny agency

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net