Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pain in lower teeth after running?

I'm usually a fitness walker and I'm trying to progress to running. When ever I run I can feel a dull pain in my lower, front teeth gum line. Is this normal and what is it?

Pain in lower teeth after running?
No, it's not normal and I have never heard of that happening to someone while running. I think I would call your Dr or Dentist. only thing I can think of is maybe when you are running you hold your jaw stiff, but I then don't think the pain would be in the gum line. I hope you leave a message as to what it was once you find out
Reply:I have the same thing happen to me. The pain is excruciating enough that it prevents me from running at all. It is definitely a dull pain around the gum line, but my teeth actually HURT. Like someone is pulling each one of them out.


My dad is a dentist, and he can't seem to figure it out either. Report It




credit cards

2 comments:

  1. I am relieved to hear that someone else has a similar issue - I haven't been able to find ANYONE who can seem to figure out what is going on. What I experience is that approximately 15 minutes to 1/2 hour after running I get SEVERE pain that starts in my right upper teeth, then radiates to my front teeth, and then to the teeth on bottom jaw right side so that the whole right side of my mouth/teeth are aching -the pain is so bad that it makes me nauseated (and I have a very high threshold for pain). And you are right that the teeth really do hurt, and I almost wish that someone would pull them out just to get rid of the pain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a runner for years and this has just recently started to happen to me. I am throbbing right now as we speak and trying not to cry. My hubby thinks it might have something to do with sinuses/

    ReplyDelete

 
vc .net