Sunday, August 2, 2009

When you get wisdom teeth extracted,& it's still numb, is the numbness the only thing stopping the pain?

I got my four impacted teeth out very early this morning and was put to sleep thankfully! I am still numb but I am in absolutely no pain. I still can't feel my jaws, chin or lips, but I also can't feel any pain either. I've been out and about, running errands,shopping, and everything! I might even be attending an event for Valentines day with some friends later...if these ice packs do their job and make the swelling go down. So I was just wondering am I one of the "lucky" ones who don't experience that much pain....or is it too soon to tell? The surgeon wrote me a prescription for 40 Lortab but I haven't even needed them. :-D One thing I do notice is that as the anesthesia is kind of wearing off, it is beginning to hurt when I swallow. Is this normal? I guess i'm just excited because I was expecting the worst, but I feel nothing. Can it be possible to have a pain free wisdom tooth surgery? Especially since mine were impacted, %26amp;one had a bad cavity?

When you get wisdom teeth extracted,%26amp; it's still numb, is the numbness the only thing stopping the pain?
If they were "impacted" it usually is very sore, but everyone is different. I had little to no pain when mine were removed. In fact, I went on stage that evening a few hours after I had them out. My sister was the opposite. She writhed in terrible pain all day. The clot that forms in the "hole" where the tooth is removed, largely determines how much pain there is. If you have a good clot that covers the nerves, you have minimal pain. If the nerves are exposed, without a "cover" than it is horribly painful. Be careful not to chew anything as the dentist told you, so as not to disturb the "clot".



safari browser

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net