Friday, July 31, 2009

Jaw Pain and misaligned teeth?

Last night I got sudden pain in the right side of my jaw, almost like a muscle spasm, and since then my back teeth in that side feel as if they are misaligned and I feel as if I cannot close my bite/teeth properly - its as if my teeth are not where they are meant to be.





The pain is not continous, it comes and goes, and to be honest its not that sore, except when I try to eat.





It just feels really horrible not being able to close my teeth properly.





I do have a jaw that often clicks, but its not doing that at the moment.





Has anyone ever had this before? will it go away?

Jaw Pain and misaligned teeth?
I did this year. I looked in the mirror and found that my jaw was out of alignment. It turned out one side of my jaw got unhinged. I set the jaw back into the notch. it was painful. The next day I went to my doctors and he said my jaw got dislocated. He also said I did a good job resetting it back. I asked how does this happen I was just eating a tuna hoagie when somehow it came unhinged. He said your jaw can become dislocated because its held onto a tiny hinge or notch. My teeth were out of alignment too. Dislocation of a jaw will cause this. Go to the doctors to reset jaw. It may hurt but the hurt will be well worth it getting back to normal Your teeth will then be aligned.



opera mobile

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my! It's not good that you've been suffering with that pain. Before I came across this blog, I've read an article stating that tooth that hasn't been replaced might cause gum problems, crowding or misalignment of teeth. It's advisable that you visit a dentist so he can check your oral health, and find remedies and procedures that will be good for you.

    -Timothy McLaney

    ReplyDelete

 
vc .net