Friday, July 31, 2009

Right Molar Pain - Cavitiy or Wisdom Teeth Related?

I am in my early 20s and have partial dental coverage though my university. I went in for a cleaning back in September and had a some pain in the upper right molars. The dentist poked around and didn't think it was a cavity without taking any x-rays. The pain wasn't always there and would go away in a day. The dentist thinks it might have something to do with my wisdom teeth and suggested I removed them. Although the pain is in the teeth next to the teeth next to the wisdom teeth.





Now the pain has been coming back and going away for a week now. I don't know if I should go back to the same dentist or not because with he will cover the cost my dental plan doesn't . I wonder if it might be a cavity because when I feel this molar with my tongue, I could feel a hole. Meanwhile, the dentist has been calling to see if I want to get my wisdom teeth removed.





Should I go back to this dentist and ask him to check if it is a cavity or go to see someone else. Or it is something else?

Right Molar Pain - Cavitiy or Wisdom Teeth Related?
It is likely that your dentist is correct about the problem being your wisdom teeth. Those teeth do weird things like come in at different angles thus pushing your good teeth out of alignment. Wisdom teeth can also break through the gum line and then recede leaving a hole that, if food or bacteria get into (very likely) can get infected.





There is nothing wrong with getting a second opinion and/or x-rays to confirm the need for the removal of your wisdom teeth. Don't be shy about asking your health center dentist about taking x-rays (especially since they're free or close to it). Regardless, make certain that YOU have a chance to examine the x-rays with your doctor pointing out why you need the extractions or not.





It is your health ... you must take charge and ask questions.





Good luck ... OH, one more thing ... (maybe two) ... I'd highly suggest that you get all four out at once (a little more pain, but you only have the pain one time as opposed to having two out on two different occasions) ... AND, be sure you feel confident in the oral surgeon or dentist that will do the extractions.



skin care products

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net