Friday, July 31, 2009

Pain after wisdom teeth extraction?

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed and an impacted permanent tooth above a baby tooth removed 10 days ago. I do not have any pain where the wisdom teeth were removed, but I do have pain in my jaw joints. It's like I have an aching or tiredness in the jaw joints and cheek bones. It isn't a terrible pain but just enough to annoy you where you have to take an advil. I assumed it was just trauma from holding my jaw open for so long during the surgery, but I wasn't sure if I should still be having pain. The roof of my mouth is still a little swollen and tender as well from the impacted permanent tooth they removed so, I wasn't sure if that might have anything to do with it. Please help :0)

Pain after wisdom teeth extraction?
If you had all of that done, I would say you are healing well! You are right that your jaws are sore from opening so wide. It is normal for the jaws to be sore for several weeks more after wisdom teeth extractions. Just take the Advil, as you are. It will slowly go away. It takes about six months to really heal after wisdom teeth extractions.
Reply:I had 5 teeth removed 3 1/2 weeks ago. It was 4 wisdom teeth and an impacted baby tooth. I had the same problems you were having that the actual extraction points were virtually pain free besides being tender to the touch. My jaw is still a little bit tight when i attempt to open it wide. It gets better everyday and the less i focus on it the less i notice on it. Keep taking advil and you'll be fine in a few more weeks. Hope this helps



Poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net